Wednesday, February 9, 2011

i have an incredible sister.

it's official! she's coming to see me in June and I can't WAIT!
she's going to work like crazy to make art work to sell in order to raise money to come here! who does that????
oh, wait, my amazing big sis.

i wouldn't be here if it were not for God placing such an amazing, God fearing sister to go before me and set such an incredible example of faith and love for me to look up to, be inspired by, and follow after...and, i know it's all the Lord's doing...that His work in her life would have such a powerful rippling effect...not just on me but on SO many others!...

Hopefully I'll get to join the team Pinelake is bringing here to Africa... So I'll get to serve alongside my church in ministry, along with my sis!
Ah. i'm so excited!

and to add to this awesome-ness...i think my mom is coming too!

i know it's such a big sacrifice...to give of your time and money to come to the other side of the world and see first hand what all God is doing here...so, thank you mom and michelle! I can't wait for ya'll to get here!!!

.................
i've been praying sense i have been here for opportunities to get involved....wrestling and struggling with which ministries to get involved in, how to make the most of this time given to me to serve God in the most glorifying way...

anyway.

so, i had an answer to prayer a couple of weeks ago and wanted to share...
one of the m's here, Elaine, has two daughters who go to a boarding school for all girls. Just from getting to spend a small amount of time with her recently, i have learned what an incredible wife and mom she is...and, i hope to be like her one day. It's so neat, because even though she's incredibly busy keeping up with being a wife and mother and wearing all the different hats that so many woman are wearing these days, every day for her is a missional opportunity....to reach out to those who need the love and hope of Christ in their lives.

Since her daughters go to this boarding school, she has gotten involved their, building relationships with the teachers and students and the students' parents. Through that, she is ministering daily the light of God to those who are living in darkness, prayer walking the campus each week, etc...

The school is quote a "Christian" school, but sadly, it is only that in name. There are only a few Christian teachers. I think the head mistress is a Christian, but the board of trustees are all non-believers. So, they have teachers of all religions...muslim, jewish, etc...and they'll constantly bring in different speakers for chapel and assemblies that do seminars and lectures on the "facts" of evolution...it's just really sad. and it's a really dark place.

Well, God laid on Elaine's heart to start a Bible study with some of the girls. She prayed for someone to help her, and God led her to me.
(which is really humbling...because there is nothing special about me...i think God is just blessing me with an opportunity like this that I have been longing and praying for...)

So, this past monday, we went to the school and had our first meeting. We weren't expecting many to come...maybe 2...4 at the most. but, about 12 girls came!!!!
We're walking through a book about inner beauty, identity in Christ, lies girls believe--and the importance of the truth of God's word to break such lies, relationships, etc....

the girls are absolutely beautiful! they were so welcoming, and...well, i'm just excited to partner with Elaine and love on them...

It's just heart breaking, because the school is really strict, and...well...they don't have mother figures in their lives to hold them when they cry, to hold their hair back when they're getting sick in the middle of the night, to share in their sorrows and joys of everyday...

so, hopefully through this Bible study, we'll be able to build strong relationships with them, pour His truth into their lives,...and...if nothing else....to love on them with the love of Christ that they are so hungry for...

anyway. sorry that was so long. but, i'm just really excited...

when i worked at camp, one of my favorite parts was getting to pour out truth and the love of God into the lives of the girls that came through and were in my cabin...it was stretching, challenging, hard, and completely above my ability....so much so, that God had to do it all through me...but, it was so rewarding....there are so many things i wish someone would have told me when i was their age...so, to have a chance to do that for these girls, well...i'm just excited. :)

anyway. just wanted to share with you guys...

thanks for caring enough to read this. :)



3 comments:

  1. Kristin YAY! I'm so happy for you. You are going to be absolutely perfect for those girls. You're so sensative, beautiful, wise and intuitive. I know you'll be a blessing to them and they will LOVE you because you're so darn cool!

    That's super exciting about your mom and sister too! -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Kristin! Thanks for sharing...Its so cool to see how the Lord is working. I love reading about it--don't be sorry! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah!! Praise Him!!! He's so amazing, isn't He?! So excited for you to be a part of His work in these girls' lives :)

    ReplyDelete